I once created a cooking class, called 'Zen in the Kitchen'. Then wrote a book called the same. Then started the group with that name and the blog came after. All this happened in Turkish. Now is the time for the English version of it. Let's see what will cook here!

Friday, May 25, 2007

Viva Brazil!

Would you vote for Zen in the Kitchen at the www.bloggerschoiceawards.com website for the best food blog and best blog of all time categories? You can see the link on the right.


This simple, spring meal is a gift to a dear friend, who makes me so happy with his friendship, who brings meaning to my life by sharing insights, smiling and thoughtful moments. So I cooked this little vegetarian meal today. I cooked fresh peas in virgin olive oil from the Aegean region of Turkey, rock salt, black pepper and lots of young garlic (almost one head). I boiled young potatoes I got from the tuesday market, which are grown nearby. I peeled the skins of the potatoes, added them to the pot. Now they are ready to eat. I'll be praying in silence and will share this meal with my family, thinking of a dear friend who is so far away but at the same time so close, as close as my skin.

1 comment:

paraserzen/zentobe said...

breathing in, breathing out, we are together.

smiling, we are one.

thank you!