I once created a cooking class, called 'Zen in the Kitchen'. Then wrote a book called the same. Then started the group with that name and the blog came after. All this happened in Turkish. Now is the time for the English version of it. Let's see what will cook here!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pumpkin ravioli with a sage hazelnut dressing


It's pumpkin time, isn't it? Halloween is just celebrated, now it's Thanksgiving time. Americans will give their thanks, by eating lots and lots next thursday. Among the dishes, will be a pumpkin pie, as usual. But they won't eat pumpkin ravioli. They won't, but we had it the other day. Not made by me, no no, I'm not that patient. Visiting a famous ravioli and pasta shop some time ago, which is Piemonte in Little Italy, it was impossible not to buy pumpkin-ricotta ravioli. It was an exciting buy, I must say. But then, I had to find a sauce for that. It was the easiest part. I typed 'pumpkin ravioli' and googled. Recipes started pouring from the screen, screaming, try me, try me! I didn't want a heavy sauce, that I knew. One of the recipes were standing there, silently, with an elegant smile. I chose that, from the food network: Pumpkin Ravioli with Sage and Roasted Hazelnuts. I didn't apply the recipe exactly, since I had my pumpkin ravioli already. I found the butter too much, and I didn't have parmesan at home. So I used 1/8th of a stick (approx. 1 tablespoon), I roasted the hazelnuts, I added 6-7 sage leaves to the butter. I had great Asiago cheese, from Buon Italy at Chelsea Market. So I grated some to go with another Italian delicacy. So happened this dish. We liked it. I think this simple sauce can be applied to pasta as well and as a Mediterranean by soul, I should have used olive oil instead.

3 comments:

Patricia Scarpin said...

I have loved seeing so many delicious ways of using pumpkin. This ravioli is mouthwatering!

Barb McMahon and Alan Mailloux said...

This looks SO good!

Tijen said...

Thank you Patricia and Barb, for coming back...