I once created a cooking class, called 'Zen in the Kitchen'. Then wrote a book called the same. Then started the group with that name and the blog came after. All this happened in Turkish. Now is the time for the English version of it. Let's see what will cook here!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A warm welcome


A warm welcome from the other side of the ocean. A warm, quiet spring day. Magnolias are about to blossom. Daffodils and other spring flowers are smiling everywhere.
I'm happy to be here. A welcome treat for myself: tempura, miso soup, a little plate of shumai and California roll, green salad, brown rice and lots of genmai cha, Japanese green tea with roasted rice. All is $8.56. I say it, a warm welcome. I'm pleased.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to Brooklyn!! will you be staying long? You've arrived at a wonderful time...

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Your pictures are beautiful! Have a good time over there!...

Tijen said...

Dear Ann,
Thank you! I'll be staying for a month. Yes I love it here at this time but fall was great too!
*
Hi Rosa,
Thank you, I will.

Anonymous said...

Dear Tijen...

Funny... I'd been checking Mutfakta Zen, where I just look at the pictures but don't understand a word, and forgot about checking it here.

Thank you for sharing.

Thank you for being who you are.

Love, Joy and Peace to you.

Tijen said...

I feel like I need to write here more often but keep forgetting it my dear. I have to find a way to remember. I'll be happy to translate anything for you which you might want to understand.
Thank you for hearing and sharing your love with me.

Anonymous said...

Great spring flowers.